The Pedro Pallares Autism Foundation (PPAF) is a 501c3 charitable organization dedicated to enhancing services for individuals affected by Autism throughout the world. Our primary goals are to support the education of professionals in the field of autism by providing scholarships, to propel research and build infrastructures for effective treatment to the most needed communities across the globe.
Our goal is to partner with passionate individuals, organizations and government agencies in order to bring creative, dynamic and effective solutions to reshape the possibilities for individuals with autism and the professionals that work with them. The Pedro Pallares Autism Foundation is an organization that focuses on helping families touched by autism who are facing the countless of challenges that go beyond the need of financial support.
The PPAF strives to alleviate those challenges by taking a holistic approach in the assistance offered. Ranging from raising funds for autism research and encouraging the pursuit of education and self-improvement by awarding scholarships to extraordinary young leaders in the field to raising awareness on a local and global scale by compiling and disseminating the most up-to-date information regarding multi-disciplinary approaches for treating autism. Our mission is simple: to educate families, healthcare professionals and communities in general about the characteristics and needs of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
We are a foundation built on compassion for those who face the day-to-day challenges that autism brings. Here at the Pedro Pallares Autism Foundation, we develop solutions for communities around the world in need of services while cultivating a new generation of educated specialists to drive autism research to new possibilities.
PPAF Mission Areas
The development of five areas as a means to implement the PPAF’s Mission and Vision is proposed in the PPAF’s new strategic plan. Those areas include:
- For families to cover costs associated with critical expenses related to the well-being of the family member with autism on a case-by-case basis
- To provide support for families affected by autism
- Bringing education and training to people around the world with the focus on developing countries
- Developing infrastructures necessary to support the increase in autism diagnosis and acceptance throughout their communities
- Translating research results into applied practice in everyday lives
- Improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders by funding innovative research of the highest quality and relevance
Education & Scholarships
- To students who demonstrate leadership, drive, and integrity with financial assistance to pursue higher education
- For students from low-income families who need it most
- Maintaining an authoritative body of autism information and knowledge
- Supporting proactive community outreach and education
Advocacy & Support
- Proactively informing, influencing, guiding and developing public policy at the federal, state and local levels in collaboration with the greater autism community
- Advocating for inclusion, participation and self-determination in all aspects of life for individuals on the autism spectrum and their families